To manage large contracts or a number of small or medium contracts, or a combination of all three, within an area responsibility as delegated by the Works Manager.
Other info: Based within the road maintenance team at Forfar Depot, we are looking for an experienced construction professional to assist, manage and organise the operational arm of roads maintenance. As the Project Manager you will:
• Manage a team of professional and technical staff and be responsible for ensuring service delivery objectives are met.
• Assist the Works Manager to manage and maintain Angus Councils road asset in accordance with its statutory duties.
• Develop the services provided by the roads maintenance team.
• Ensure that our customers are at the heart of a comprehensive cost effective range of roads maintenance services.
• Ensure that professional standards are maintained and that the principles of quality management are implemented where appropriate in the design, construction, supervision and maintenance of projects. You will have a Degree within an appropriate construction discipline or relevant HNC/SVQ Level 4. You must have extensive experience of project and staff management, along with associated cost control. You must be able to work under pressure and be able to meet tight deadlines while dealing with conflicting priorities. You must have excellent oral and written communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills. A flexible approach to work is essential. You must be committed to quality and continuous improvement, customer focused, enthusiastic and self-motivated with an ability to relate to, and influence, a variety of stakeholders.
Job Type: Construction Hours:
37 hours Working between 7.30am and 3.30pm
Salary: £37,524.61 - £41,016.61 per annum